What is this new theory anyway?
I think it is something like Fred Reicheld’s customer loyalty, but more social media style.
- Retention is the new acquisition
- Customer service becomes the new key in marketing
- The real role of social media is retention
4 levels of engagement & activation:
The 3 step plan:
- Unify inbound/outbound service
- Marry customer experience with word of mouth
- Formalize the process: A New Customer Activation Model
– Content , Conversations, Commendations
2 out of the 10 famous rules in customer service:
- Customer Service doesn’t stop @ 5PM on a Friday
- All customers are equal (but some are more important than others)
So, overall it sounds very interesting this new theory. I think I know what book I will be reading this evening!
Kenny Van Beeck