An overview of some famous quotes and predictions on email marketing in 2010:
“Because email is inherently effective, marketers get away with poor processes and little innovation and still are able to produce better ROI than their other marketing efforts” – Jeff Hilimire, chief digital officer, Engauge
“More sophisticated use of analytics will help marketers better target email marketing — and develop more unique dynamic messaging that drives deeper engagement.” – Michael Kogon, CEO, Definition 6
“Forums like Facebook and Twitter present a ripe opportunity to capture new email addresses at a pace and magnitude that was impossible before these sites existed.” – Jordan Cohen, senior director, marketing and public relations, Pivotal Veracity
“Most people see the growth of mobile email as a problem in design: how do you get your email and landing pages to look good on a little screen with idiosyncratic HTML display capabilities?” – Mark Brownlow, publisher, Email Marketing Reports
“Relevance is now required, not optional. Individualized, behavior-triggered delivery necessitates a huge emphasis on testing & optimization.” – Jay Baer, founder, Convince & Convert
Here are a few of my thoughts you might consider for 2010:
- Get your customer engaged with your brand through the social world.
- Gain their trust and convince them to subscribe to your list through a well-constructed subscription form.
- Follow customers in your email program respectfully offer them relevant customer lifecycle campaigns.
- Manage your lists well. Remove bounces and unsubscribes regularly.
- Monitor your IP’s on reputations and deliverability and use the proper infrastructure.
More quotes on http://www.clickz.com/3636273
Kenny Van Beeck